AllStar Web Transceive

N3GZR

AllStar Web Transceive

Postby N3GZR » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:08 pm

New User needs help.

I sign on to AllStar as a "Standard User". And for the time being, I planned to access AllStar solely via the PC.

I access AllStar via Fire Fox. PC is Gateway laptop circa 2003 running XP Professional SP3 +++++ in 1 GB of memory.
My audio connection is via a GE Universal Headset & Mic. This device works. I use it successfully with Magic Jack.

To date, I found little that explains the screens I see upon entry into Web Transceive, and I really don't know what to expect after clicking the "Transmit" button. Sometimes the "Node Connection Status" box is hilighted in green, but not always. What does the green hiliter mean? How do I correctly use the "Sent & Received Messages" box?

I have tried and tried; but so far have not made a single contact.

Most nodes that I've checked are quiet. On others I hear QSOs, but cannot make contacts.

How do I troubleshoot?

Many thanks, best regards, & 73.

N3GZR, John, East Troy, WI

n3sdo

Re: AllStar Web Transceive

Postby n3sdo » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:55 pm

HI John.
Yes, I have tried same, win XP pc, running firefox browser. Trying to debug a ham shack mockup of 29019 in preparation of splicing in of RIM module to K3PSG 443.6 repeater. No success. Similar result of being unable to connect to Saxonburg Pa 27635.

n3sdo

Re: AllStar Web Transceive

Postby n3sdo » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:56 pm

Hi John. I am having similar results. Did you ever get it to work?

Ed N3SDO

Return to “Newbies / Greenhorns / Say "HI"”