The Callsign Lookup Scripts

Suggestions for additions / corrections to this forum are always appreciated.
K0KAD

The Callsign Lookup Scripts

Postby K0KAD » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:58 pm

There is a lot of possibilities with the callsign lookup if anyone would like to see more information on the final result please don't hesitate to reply to this thread and give me some ideas of what you would like to see. I have included what I thought would be the basic needs in a lookup.

Chad Taylor - K0KAD
Chad Taylor - K0KAD

W3CYO

Re: The Callsign Lookup Scripts

Postby W3CYO » Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:04 pm

We need a way to look up a state, so we could find a city with an allstar node.
For instance, to find a node near Louisville, ky., you must look at the general list to see IF there's a node there.
That's nearly useless.
It is no problem, having the possible node number, to see if it is active.
But what is the node number.
This lack makes it nearly impossible to pinpoint an area you want to use.
Or is there something I am missing?
Sam w3cyo, 29713

K0KAD

Re: The Callsign Lookup Scripts

Postby K0KAD » Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:30 am

So the scripts that I built are for the callsign database. For example if you look up k0kad you will see my information there as an operator. This is quite similar to the look up at qrz.com or wireless.fcc.gov/uls let me look into the data available maybe I will build something to do advanced searches of the ALLSTAR nodes. Please know that if I take on this project and put something up I am just not qualified to do searches based on a radius search of an address or zipcode, but I am fairly certain that I can do listings by state and or city to help simplify the data shown. Le me see if there is some kind of flat file available or database access from the designer of the system. This site is simply a place to come and get some help for your node or share your experiences so I will have to reach out to the system owner. :)

Nice to have the comments though and hopefully I can come up with something.
Chad Taylor - K0KAD

Return to “Site Suggestions”