Postby N2YP » Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:35 am

Model Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.40GHz
CPU Speed 2.39 GHz
Ram 1 Ghz
Xipar with CentOS release 6.5
Motorola R100
DMK URIx
USB 2.0 PCI Card

I have my machine up and running and it transmits courtesy and ID tones...... Most of the time. Often it will key up the radio but not transmits the ID or will only transmit part of the tones. When this happens ive reloaded the system status and at first when I only had .5 Ghz RAM it looked liked I may have been maxing out the RAM. Now that I have the 1 Ghz RAM It never goes about 68% capacity but I still see the problem. Ive tried rebooting the machine and usually at a minimum the first set or 2 of ID's are ok. When it does this it is completely random.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

kb3ors

Re: Morse ID

Postby kb3ors » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:01 pm

A question for you. Are you interfaceing directly to discriminator, or are you using speaker and mike?
KB3ORS - Brian

N2YP

Postby N2YP » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:03 pm

I believe it is straight to the discriminator. Its been a little while so I can not recall off hand. If I did go through the service jack(mic) why would that make a difference.

kb3ors

Postby kb3ors » Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:14 pm

If your using the mic circuit, its pre-empasized and limited. You will have to adjust the urd.conf for that method. It could be over driving the circuit. This would cause voice peaking, and the audio would blank out. If your hooked straight to the modulator(the prefered method)that will not happen. You would have a better sounding audio.
KB3ORS - Brian

Return to “XIPAR Distribution”