Need help, new install

Discussions about this interesting Xelatec product
k6jwn

Need help, new install

Postby k6jwn » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:44 pm

Greetings everyone..

I have been running the ACID distro and decided to give XIPAR a shot to see what it was all about. I have things up and running, however the only thing I can't get running is DTMF. I can see the node receiving my digits, however it's not doing anything with them.

Using 'rpt fun xxx *7' works just fine, the node can receive and xmit just fine. Not sure if there is something I missed in the configs that prevents this. Any help would be appreciated.

Jim, K6JWN
Node 2142

kb3ors

Re: Need help, new install

Postby kb3ors » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:39 pm

Did you run through the radio tune configutations?
KB3ORS - Brian

k4kwq

Postby k4kwq » Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:00 pm

i am having the same issue here i can use iaxrpt to use the tones but the radio don't work

kb3ors

Postby kb3ors » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:35 pm

xapl xipar-update from the root prompt will repair this problem.

Brian
KB3ORS
KB3ORS - Brian

KB5ELV

Postby KB5ELV » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:17 pm

Resurrecting this thread, because, well, I think I need help :)

When I started, I started with a xipar install, Steve actually did it for me remotely, a really neat trick. (He had to jump through some hoops to do it.) I forget why now, but I changed to Acid at some point. Now, things work. But I really want the audio ducking of telemetry during transmissions--those connect announcements can be a little noisy. i also wonder if y'all xipar folks are still seeing the double ID bug--suspect you are, but bonus if not.

So. I have all my configs saved. I have some custom sound files, like an iD and some things like that.

I'm thinking about moving to a smaller, lower power (i.e. lower power requirement) machine. The big honkin' tower I'm using now is doing strange things at reboots, probably only wants a new cmos battery, but it looks like a good time to make a change.

So, questions:

First, is there some way I can ssh into the install? I'm blind and this distro doesn't have a talking speakup-enabled kernel. I know that once the install is done, I can ssh in and fix things up, but the pre-install questions will be an issue. Failing that, is there some way I could use a kickstart script to install? I'll be using a USB drive, not a CD, so can modifry anything I need to ahead of time.

Next, I expect I can drop in the usbradio configuration and radio tuning files and rpt.conf from my previous install. This will save lots of work. What about adding back in the allstar phone patch settings?Besides customaudio like the ID and stuff, and the rpt.conf and so forth, I don't have anything special going on.

Return to “XIPAR Distribution”